5 Reasons Your Website Leads are Falling And How You Can Change This
Millions of people start their businesses every year. However, most of these companies fail in the first one year of being started. In the United States, the Small Business Administration (SBA) says that more than 50% of all businesses started fail within the first five years. Obviously, there are many reasons why these companies fail such as inadequate capital, a bad business strategy, poor hiring strategy, and a bad product mix. Another reason that is often understated is the online presence of these companies. If you are an entrepreneur running a small website, this article will explain five key reasons why your website leads are declining or not growing.
Unresponsive Website Design
Most of the website traffic today comes from mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. To promote the quality of websites, search engines like Google, Bing, and Baidu provide a higher ranking to websites that are optimized for the mobile devices. To solve this problem, you first need to check whether your website is responsive. You can test this by using Google’s free Mobile Friendly Test. If your website is friendly, it means that there are other problems, which are described below. If it is not, you need to get a good website designer who will create a better one for you. Such a designer will help you improve your website leads. Alternatively, if yours is a simple site, you can use the various CMS services like Weebly and Wix to develop your site.
Not Search Engine Optimized
Search engines are the most important part of your digital presence. For this reason, if your website does not appear on the front page of Google, it is almost impossible for you to succeed. This is because very few people move to the second page of Google results. Therefore, you need to ensure that your website is well-optimized for the search engines. To do this, a few of the key things you need to do are:
- Have well-optimized content in all pages.
- Update your website regularly.
- Analyze the sources of your data using products like Alexa and SimilarWeb.
- Ensure that all your titles and URLs are well labelled.
- Research the best primary and secondary keywords
- Ensure that the website loads fast.
- Invest in having quality backlinks to your website.
Bugs Affect Your Website Leads
People are usually turned-off by websites with a lot of bugs. Therefore, if your website has lots of them, the traffic will continue to dwindle. Some of the most-common bugs are:
- Server problems: if a website is often not online, most people will not come back. A common error is the ‘internal server error.’
- Security warning: many users are usually warned when accessing an insecure website. You should solve this by ensuring that your website has an up-to-date secure system.
- Dead links: your website could have a number of dead links. You can use the various broken links analyzer platforms available online.
- Slow loading speeds: if your website loading speed is low, it will be a turn-off to many people. You can solve this by changing your website host, minimizing redirects, reduce DNS lookups, enable caching, and optimize images.
- Spelling and grammar mistakes: ensure that the content on your website does not bave any grammar and spelling mistakes.
Perhaps, the graphic design of your website is making people leave your website. This involves a number of things like your logo, the quality of the pop-up, your landing page, and the images used on your website. If you are running an e-commerce platform, the physical appearance of your products could be costing you quality leads. To improve your website leads, you need to:
- Have simple and excellent graphic designs.
- Ensure that the images used on the site are excellent.
- Have a regular designer if you don’t have graphic design experience.
Content plays a very important role in boosting the traffic of your website and increasing the website leads. This is because Google ranks websites based on their content. To increase the visibility of your website, it is recommended that you have a blog or insights page. In this page, you should post quality, exciting, and insightful content that can be shared across the different search engines. You should do some of the following:
- Post at least one fresh article on your website per week.
- Hire a content writer as you focus on running your company.
- Ensure your content adds value to the readers.
- Ensure that your content is researched well.
- Avoid keyword stuffing
- Combine text with images, infographics, and videos.
As an entrepreneur or blogger, it can be demoralizing if the traffic of your website is slowing. This is because your company will not experience any growth if there is no traffic. While there could be other problems with your company, a good way to start is to check the five points mentioned in this article and see how your website leads increase.